There is a conception that outbound call center services are solely made for the purpose of making telemarketing calls through the day. Most of the sales specialists state that telemarketing calls are not as effective as they used to be in the past. The busy customers do not want to spend time listening to a sales proposal that they have no intention of participating in immediately. This is why the telemarketing calls annoy the customers more than anything. But who said that the modern day outbound services are solely about making calls to provide sales propositions to the prospects? The call centers have got smart about their services. Modern day call center solutions are much more sensitive towards the feelings of the customers. This is why outbound services are used to keep the present customers happy and informed. But how is this done?
- First Call after Purchase: Any customer who purchases your product/service does so with a lot of expectations. At the core of every customer’s mind is the desire to get personalized treatment. You can make a great start to the customer-brand relationship by asking the outbound call center agents to make congratulating calls soon after a purchase is made. May be some basic information about prevailing offers might be given to the customers, only and only if they are willing to hear them. Otherwise, just try and tell them why their purchase decision was so good. How they can always contact the customer care for any problems regarding their product or service. If you have multichannel support also give them the details of contacting through various channels. End with a tone that exudes confidence.
- Ask for Feedback: The new customer should not be forgotten though, after the initial contact. If you really want to create a strong bond between brand and consumer then you have to think proactively. This calls for the use of repeat outbound calls. You may call up the customer, call him/her by name and then ask about the performance of the product/service. Ask them to speak frankly and give a feedback. If they are having some minor problems, then a basic run through would solve their issues. What this would mean is that the customer is confident about brand. They will have a notion that the brand will stand beside them in the times of need. The feedback of the customers should be recorded and inform the customers so too. This will make them feel really cared for.
- Let the Customer Know First: When you decide to launch some discount program make sure that it is informed to the existing customers just one day before it goes global. The customers who are doing business with you deserve to learn about the special offers and avail them first. This again builds customer loyalty. As the existing customers already have an idea about your quality so they would be excited about the discount offers. Inform the customers that they are the first to know about the offer and the brand will get back to them for further information.
- Special Gift Schemes: If you want to know the hearts of your existing customer base then the best way to encourage them for a feedback session is to offer them special gift schemes. You might ask the customer for an honest feedback and then register his/her name for a lottery at the end of which is a grand gift. Some brands though do it the other way. Come the Christmas or New Year they will be sending gifts to all the mail addresses mentioned in their directory. It stands as a token of appreciation for having faith in the brand.
- For Research & Development: Outbound call center solutions are ideal for taking consensus when you are in the planning stages of a new product launch. It might be done among the existing customers or among the masses. Make sure that the process is very simple and there are not too many options for a question that make the call receiver perplexed. It is also essential that the National Do Not Call Registry and other compliance needs are met when you are making outbound calls for sales or research purpose.
Outbound calls can bear the true fruits when the process is handled by expert call centers. This is why the call center you choose should always stay adrift of the market trends and customer’s psychology. For the success of an outbound process understanding the psychology of modern customers is very important. The customers should be contacted at times best suiting their schedule. When a call is made the first question should be “Is this the best time to talk to you?” If the answer is “No” then ask the ideal time and get back to the person. This is why the call center solutions provider should be able to offer 24X7 services.